Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Is Cowens' Term Coming to an End?




Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my behalf but I can't help feeling that the rug upon which our esteemed Taoiseach has placed himself, is unravelling beneath his very feet - at a rate of knots! Bit by bit his tenure is looking more and more shabby and threadbare and unlikely to last.

Everything he has done right back to 2004 when he was promoted into the Finance portfolio is under examination and at every turn he seems to have made the wrong decision. I think that, sooner or later, this Anglo Irish noose is going to tighten around his neck - both for his sins of ommission and indeed, of commisssion.

Perhaps that is why, even his voice is beginning to sound a bit strangulated and I'd say he's feeling the pressure.

Watch this space as I have a feeling that the rug is not far from being pulled altogether.

No comments: